Sunday, February 16, 2014

A touch of rain

And it was just enough to wet the ground but although muggy the overcast sky made it cooler than had the sun emerged.
Im off to town tomorrow for my little cars service,I have been told around $300,so aside from a desperate purchase of knickers to avoid the current riding where they shoudnt I will be careful with my spending.
I do need however to find the German Bamboo paper pad so that will be an internet search as I doubt the local two art supplier will have any.The shops Ive found it are very dear especially when i bought the current one at Subiacos Jacksons for only $23.55
Im dropping son 5 at schooll albeit a bit early at ten past 8 then off to the car dealers where Ill leave it in their hands while I disppear to Dome,my latest fav spot in Kal,it was Gloria Jeans before and Cafe Club but Dome is a littler spacier and although noisy due to high walls,its a bit of a change and no holidays means it as good as one.
I have some knitting in hand, a simple scarf called Cockleshells Ive made mine a little smaller with the lace yarn overs running up the out edge which looks good and hopefully will yeild a scarf that will wrap round the neck,its some hand spindled Ixchel Fibres,I think it was bunny silk and tencil,very hard to spin and oh so soft
Im hoping to get into the flutter scarf with some pink alpaca soon as seen in this lovely example
.
 Work is work and I hope my boss continues to be as approachable as thelast year,I dont shudder when I need to go see her and the problems issuing from the lastest offsider are also out in the open. Theres a lot of people who have lost their hours but the dep is refusing to reduce other jobs hours to allow the services for the kids to be maintained,how they work that out has me buggered when they are putting un nnecessary hours into an area not needed.
I meant to post this on Friday but tiredness has been me floored,took little zoom zoom infor a service and the whole day went too fast for a day off,
 Already plyed and washed,quite boucy around a sock weight in correidale/merino from Betlor Blacks,theres enough left for another 6 or so bobbins, just need to comb another show box up lol,
 Tp I bought a few weeks ago from another indie dyer.spinner who was having a sale on Facebook,superwash merino,Ive split the roving lengthwise and will spin fine and navajo ply,hoping for a sock yarn,I know already it didnt plit evenly but not fussed,I was naughty and bouht two tops from Ixchels too from Charlys Friday update,grey and charcoals with yellow through it,yum!!
 In dulged in a new book for weekend but have too tired to read more than a few pages
 New platns for that corner,the azalia will fit but Im pulling out a messy Peace rose and replacing with a more shady and although not as pretty hopefully more prolific flowerer,its a new plant to the garden scene well according to the info I found,its a Radermachera  and here set to over take the garden scene from the lovely scented Murraya or Orange Blossum tree

So far Ive put a double flowering orange hibiscus,a gardenia (large flower), society garlic,agapanthus and the little azalia will fit in to the back on one side of the bottle tree where Im also putting in the frog pond which I will pick up this week,Hope they survive,and also hope Hubby will somehow get rid of the landcruser engine in the middel of the lawn and also the building materiasl further up the garden bed so I can continue developing that side, I can hope cant I ?

1 comment:

  1. I love the scarf pattern, it's just lovely. Oh, how we dream of rain here, it would be so nice. The flowers all look so beautiful. You are so clever to spin your own wool. Yes, always throw out underwear that doesn't work anymore, otherwise it just gets back into circulation!!

    ReplyDelete