Tuesday, August 09, 2011

No time at all

This weeK HAS BEEN A FAILURE ALREADY AND ITS ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH,i WENT TO WORK TO FIND A MESS GOT SOME sorted AND TODAY i GOT UP IN A PANIC AND FOUND i WAS OUT TOO EARLY  5am BUT NOT ONLY THAT BUT FELT THE CRAPPIEST FOR A LONG TIME,ONE SON HAS TONSILS AND ANOTHER HAS SINUS ISSUES MEANING ANIBIOTICS AND BUGGER ME AS i TYPE i REALISE MY FINGER HAD CAUGHT THE  capslock key
Anyhow I end up staying home and fiddled around here with one cranky DH and a carefully studied igorance on another son
Anyway I sorted some photos last night for my project and I cant find the one I need to go with some comments Ive  written/I was lucky to rescue som eold family ones that dear Mother didnt think important and boy didnt I look to make sure she didnt get rid of any others
Thats my dad on the far left,the lot of them were the cheeky crowd of the area,the bloke on the 2nd from right recently passed on and I feel for his family as Id known him all my life. Taken at Fordsbridge near Bourke,Dad had a record for some time from there to Bourke in his FJ,still very angry I couldnt get that ute and do it up for him....pale blue and entire with needing little work I would loved to drive it in his memory.
Here I am with my little brother,not hinted is the fact I bit him on the hand just after this photo was taken.............
And another of us later of course,with Bo the poddy, I think there was about 12 of them all up,I remember trying a blue ribbon around the poor things neck! Just look at my thick pony tails,they gave me headaches and Mum had them cut off later!.I must be revisiting my childhood as Im growing  them again,no really Im just going through my hippy phase,LOL


And this one,the only visual record of any of my family or friends in any photos Ive seen to date,Im one of very few that inherited the clever hands pasted down through my Nanna.My Aunty and Cousins do the most brilliant hand work,their efforts are perfect(in my eyes) and if one day I have the time and the money to do so I want to try to do the same,stumpwork,weaving even,my nanna had a floor loom and I dont know where it is now but Im getting a AKL after I do my tax as a late Bday gift and that will affirm if I want to go further later.
Im having a sad time remembering little things that didnt mean much back then but also Im taking shelter in those memories as some unpleasant and frightening things are around me now.


Thats my Mother holding me as a fairly new bub,to contrast thats me as a mum with my fourth son..
Knitting......
i HAVENT DONE TOO MUCH BEEN OCCUPIED WITH THE SPINDLE,BLASTED cAPS LOCK too lazy to go back
And I finished the second bump of Enchanted,correidale in black browns and bright fernie green from Southern Cross Fibres,really want to do Davids club again but I have soooo much stash
And handdyed some Finn
Im going to card these into a mix of Black diamond,soysilk on a base of black alpaca and white bfl,they will have a bit of everything I can get my hand on!the blue is quite light when pulled apart so Im thinking a blue white mix so it very delicate,hopefully these will yeild enough to produce at least four batts and be feature yarns
There,thats it for a while I have to do some work on my assignment so I can get some rest to beat this nasty bugg bug!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos and your commentary :) Sorry to hear people are sick and that there are nasty and frightening things looming for you :( Life sucks sometimes!

    ReplyDelete