Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Lazy Day

Its been hot here,it was 45' in Kal last Monday but only 33 out here at 5 o'clock that arvo,it cooled a bit after that but has gotten hotter again.Not liking that as I have to rake and mow the whole school grounds for preparation for the return of staff etc in the next few days. A bit at a time,watering first up tomorrow and a bit of lawn work here and there and we ll have it beat though..




I'm about 1/4 way through the ISC7 scarf.I'm using the Machinewash 8ply in gorgeous dark red, I thought it was a bit rough to feel but after knitting an angora /merino mix (Ixchel Fibres handspun)


I suppose I couldn't expect anything else.Its grown on me as Ive gotten into it,I actually knit one ball in a sitting which for some is nothing but for my busy life where I'm squeezing in spinning as well its great!













I'm using the Palindrone Pattern and its the second Ive done,very effective and very easy.


On the spinning front Ive nearly finished a stash bag of crossbred/finn fleece I washed lightly and carded,about half a kilo,it seemed very rough but after I knitted a wee bit up last night,cross eyed as it was quite late,Im surprised how much softer it is,obviously not merino but passable as a vest or even heavy socks for winter (a bit itchy I reckon for other times).












My Dad is still quite ill and having more treatment soon and as he was disappointed in not getting handspun socks I'm getting this crossbred done today and going through my fibre boxes to find the last of the BFl and spinning that up.Posted on Ravelry that I wasn't sure of a colour way and Mandie suggested red and black,I'm already swinging towards mushroom,black broken with alpine,might do two lots and see then.Dad has told Mum hes taking his new socks to Sydney to wear them to see the docs,Id love to fly over to see him,surprise him etc,he cant talk clearing and gets a bit cranky but I thought I could at least just keep him company and Id take some sock knitting,be nice if it was his socks..


Poor Mum shes got start the pump and keep watering the garden etc ,it might not sound much but its not good for an older person..at least shes got the chooks and dog to keep her company.


The latest purchase from Ixchel Fibre,Charley has been very busy and im eyeing s few of these,love the wallaby one, cant remember the other names but check them out,yum in a big way!!!








Mandies been busy too and they sold out sooo quick!!! Really want to try some sea cell...pennies I have to keep reminding myself!!!!

On the knitting front Ive stalled on the top down Smoothie,I don't like the sleeves, they narrow down too quick,thinking of ripping back and knitting straight before flaring out for cuff...not afraid to rip back now,usually i just throw it in the corner and get to it later but its such a fun knit and mindless at that,something Ive needed lately...my form of a holiday!! Take alook at the sleeve photo and its obvious,also Im not happy with the undersleeve and if I loosen up the clingy sleeve it may sit better.















Sock knitting Ive gotten only the heel to toe for the cable socks I was working on,during the holidays I carried my little bag around on my wrist while watering and got heaps done,plants got a good water too,didn't shift until I got the 4 row repeat done,only 5 repeats to do on Friday...Picies when finished..



Here a few flowers I collected after I cut back afew things,too good to throw I brought them back inside,lovely grevilleas and one peace rose!!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely exotic to me flowers you brought in.
    Love the yarn you have to knit with so pretty.
    Wishing the best for your Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be lovely to surprise your father. Is it a possibility?

    Yuck. Back to school routines eh?

    ReplyDelete