Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Cool weekend

I mean cool,and certainly happy that Fluffa didnt get shorn last week! Drizzly rain and cool wind.The temp was 16 on the kitchen window so it would hav ebeen cooler out!! Fluffa fluff was stuck everywhere,giggle,and he wanted to come indoors much to Tillys disgust!

And with all this lovely cool weather? I havent picked up sticks or spun at all,weell I was in Kal yesty getting some Xmas shopping done and a suit for my son for his grad from year 10,nice classy black one with a gorgeous microfibre shirt and lovely two tone satin pink tye just because his partner is wearing pale pink. Have to organise a Corsage yet. The drama of the day convincing him to try a pair of normal dress shoes, not the pointy ones that are so popular just normal ones.."NoMum I aint wearing those gay shoes" was the firm response and after a tense ten minutes(Son No 1 was on the phone wanting me to get to bike shop to get a rather expensive half link chain for his new pushy, 2 minutes before shop closed and I was ten minutes from there rr Kids!!anyhoo,mum won and the shoes came home to be glared at..Photos when the big occasion comes up.....
And today I just chilled and did as little as possible as I have a busy week ahead.

Ive picked the patterns for the teachers gifts but have to finish Dads Campfire socks first,knit in some bargain Cleckheaton Country Naturals, a sandy colour for $2 a ball,they hada lovely dark royal blue this week for same price but resisted,wished I had grabbed some,Mum would have liked them...
Teachers gifts are...( Im picking 3 of these)
VoodooWrist Warmers
Princess Mitts
Cabled Fingerless
Symmetrical Braided Gautlets
Spring Beret
I did think about another pattern on Ravelry that buttons under the pony tail and may do it yet.I visited Wool shop yesty and bought 2 balls of Sensation in pal blue and 4 balls of Heirloom 8ply in ice pink which i think may go to Sams Aide as wrist armers as she also sits in the cold watching hockey etc so thought she may appreciate them,they'll be done after Dads socks.
Im off,have to get things ready forthe week ahead!

1 comment: