Thursday, May 17, 2007

A bit of trivia

I found this on a Favourite blog,Knitobssession,she has the most divine shawl happening!
Anyway i thought i would put this up for fun!

Edit the list, bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you’re not planning on doing.
Afghan/Blanket, Two down three to go!
I-cordGarter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch all the time
Socks: top-down Heaps!
Socks: toe-up One pair down and one on the needles
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens: Cuff-up Easy ones
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat Charity
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL Central Park Hoodie,My First Toe Ups
Sweater Quite a few

Drop stitch patterns The famous Clapotis
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns Yep but cant remember what

Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (modular knitting
)
Twisted stitch patterns Played with them
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting?
Charity knitting KOGO of course!
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan The first thing I knitted besides the garter st scarf,Nana started me off with
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles lots!
Knitting with your own handspun yarn Have enough to make lots o'things!
Slippers The wools on its way..............
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street)
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments Well sort of,still working on it,LOL
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran
) Love them
Lace patterns Yep,won first prize for a handspun and knitted lacey vest in the nineties
Publishing a knitting book
Scarf See Mothers Day Stall piccies!
Teaching a child to knit
Sons!!!!!!!!!
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Isnt that normal knitting!
Knitting to make money Oh yes,$85 a jumper in the 80's

Button holes Baby cardies
Knitting with alpaca So Soft!!!
Fair Isle knitting Yep see Knitting for a Living
Norwegian knitting Circular knitting like lopi knitting?
Dying with plant colors Did a bit as a teenager
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cozies…) All those named!
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with DPNs oH yes ,SOXS Rule
Holiday related knitting All knitting is like a holiday!!!!
Teaching a male how to knit Do my boys count?
Bobbles Heaps of them
Knitting for a living Believe it or not I knitted for Jane Signature Handknits in Sydney when I left school
Knitting with cotton Dish cloths............and that blasted Bolero
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn OMG need you ask......

Steeks
Knitting art
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool Pure bliss
Textured knitting Isnt all knitting textured....????
Kitchener BO LOve it
Purses/bags hmmm sort half way done....

Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO I think i know what this is
Entrelac This still beats me but I will get it one day
Knitting and purling backwards

Machine knitting The Bond Knitting machine!!!!
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegating yarn,I think I will keep quiet
Stuffed toys, aknitting kit bought for me by Mum as an 8yo, a bee!
Baby items I have 5 sons...........
Knitting with cashmere Would love this!
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn Yucky but kids TV blankets are easier to wash
Writing a pattern
The tea cosy?
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies

Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers

Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine, all the time
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift, heaps
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho That Bolero again
Knitting with dog/cat hair
Hair accessories
Knitting in public Always have socks in my bag.......................

Wow I didnt think I would put much in but it seems there only few horizons I may explore!
Have a go,its fun!
PS I added my comments as well so I hope the originator isnt insulted!!!!! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment